Christmas Banana Bread
20 minutes preparation - 1h cooking
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Butter and flour the bottom and sides of a loaf pan. Set aside.
Place the nuts on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Let cool and then chop coarsely.
In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nuts. Set aside.
In a medium-sized bowl combine the mashed bananas, eggs, melted butter, chocolate chips and vanilla. With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, lightly fold the wet ingredients (banana mixture) into the dry ingredients just until combined and the batter is thick and chunky.
Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake until bread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 55 to 60 minutes.
Wait until cool down before removing the bread from the pan.
- 3 ripe Del Monte Bananas, mashed
- 1 3/4 cups (230 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 75g of chocolate chips