Slice off ends of zucchini and discard. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the zucchini into thin ribbons. Stop when you see seeds in the middle and turn to the next side.
In a pot, heat the olive oil over low-medium heat. Add garlic and cook until soft and translucent but not browned, about 1 minute. Add zucchini ribbons and chicken broth, raise heat to medium-high and cook until zucchini is tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, Parmesan, parsley, basil, black pepper and toss to combine. Season with salt, to taste.
For a heartier main dish, try adding whole wheat pasta.
- 2 medium Del Monte® green zucchini (about 1 pound)
- 2 medium Del Monte® yellow zucchini (about 1 pound)
- 3 tbsp light olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup diced Del Monte® roma tomatoes
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 1 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper