Mediterranean Cucumber Tomato Breakfast Salad with Soft-Boiled Eggs and Avocado Tzatziki
• ➟ For the avocado tzatziki
• 1 Del Monte® fresh avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and mashed
• 1/2 lemon, juiced
• 1 cup whole milk greek yogurt
• 2 tablespoons chopped dill
• 2 tablespoons chopped mint
• 1 garlic clove, grated
• Pinch red pepper flake
• Salt + pepper
• ➟ For the Mediterranean salad
• 1 Del Monte® fresh cucumber, chopped
• 10-20 Del Monte® Cherry Tomatoes, halved
• 1 lemon, juiced
• Del Monte® Chick peas (optional)
• Handful chopped parsley
• Soft boiled eggs, for serving
1)For the tzatziki, mix all ingredients in a bowl until combined and season with salt and pepper, to taste. 2)Toss chopped cucumber, cherry tomatoes, lemon, parsley, and chickpeas, if using in another small bowl and season with salt and pepper. 3)To serve, spread a layer of avocado tzatziki on serving plate, then top with cucumber tomato salad and, if using, soft boiled eggs.
You might also like
Del Monte perfect Christmas trifle
This recipe is based on the findings of a poll conducted by You Gov and commissioned by Del Monte in October 2021, to establish the formula for the Perfect British Trifle. Please feel free to ask the Pier team for the full research results should you be keen to see them - email@example.com.
This is a bit of a showstopper, but you can easily halve the quantities (except for the fruit salad) and just make one cake if you'd prefer to serve fewer people.
What you will need: 2 X 20cm square, lined cake tins; candymaker's thermometer. If using round tins, you will need 2 x 22/23cm (9") tin.