Pineapple pecan bread pudding
• 3 large eggs
• ⅓ cup sugar
• 2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
• 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted, plus more for ramekins
• 1 tsp. vanilla
• 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
• 5 cups lightly packed torn white bread cubes (such as French-style bread)
• 1½ cups Del Monte Gold® Extra Sweet Pineapple, chopped
• ½ cup toasted pecans, chopped
1)Preheat the oven to 190°C. Lightly butter six 225g ramekins. 2)In a large bowl, whisk to combine milk, eggs, sugar, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and cinnamon. Stir in bread, pineapple, and pecans. 3)Divide bread pudding mixture between ramekins. 4)Bake until set and lightly browned, 15-20 minutes. Serve warm.
You might also like
This is a bit of a showstopper, but you can easily halve the quantities (except for the fruit salad) and just make one cake if you'd prefer to serve fewer people.
What you will need: 2 X 20cm square, lined cake tins; candymaker's thermometer. If using round tins, you will need 2 x 22/23cm (9") tin.